Middle East Startups launched in the hopes of centralizing resources, programs, and events for MENA entrepreneurs. Upon finding limited opportunities in the region, the company launched the first Middle East Digital Accelerator to accelerate 100 startups to market per year.
- Check out the 100+ companies selected for the 2016 Batch.
- Check out the top 10 companies selected for 2016 Demo Night.
- Check out the top 3 companies selected as winners of the 2016 Accelerator.
- Slide show presentation of the program is available here.
- Check out the 2016 Review Report
- Apply to the 2017 Digital Accelerator.
- Join the global network here.
The inaugural program launched on December 17th with a 2-day startup development program, followed by a virtual demo day for 10 selected companies. Demo judges included angel investors, global accelerator leaders, and press. Current prizes include a SendGrid Package: $1,560 worth of credits with SendGrid ($129.95 / month for 12 months) and VIP tickets to Haiti Tech Summit- the largest conference in the Caribbean with 1000+ attendees and 100+ investors (valued at $995 each). In 2017, the top 3 companies will be featured in press and media outlets and introduced to top investors in the region.
Now, for the final results! We are pleased to announced the top 3 winners for the 2016 Middle East Startups Digital Accelerator! Winners represented UAE and Egypt. It was a tough competition but the top three winners are YallaParking (UAE) with 31.5 judge points, judge Uliq (UAE) with 30 points and Akla-Baity (Egypt) with 28 judge points. NewShifts was the winner of the popular vote.
About: Middle East Startups is the home of the Middle East startup ecosystem hosting digital events, boot camps, accelerators and startup expos for the region. It is a subs